Documents folder in 6.2.3

Mohin Uddin April 27, 2014

Hi Expert,

At previous(4.0.2) I have used "documents" folder to share different files using hyperlink like(domian url/documents/xxx.pdf but recenly I have migrated to 6.2.3.Now the previous link are not working and I didn't find documents folder in the jira home directory.

Could you please help me regarding this issue?

Thanks

Mohin

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2014

Exporting the attachments directory in Jira is not something you do in Jira, it's usually an external function, provided by your web server. I'm not aware of any plugins that might provide it inside Jira.

So, you'll need to start by working out how you were getting this function - I'd look at the old 4.x system to check if there are any plugins (if it's no longer available, have a look through the marketplace for it).

Secondly, it looks like you've got some form of rewriting going on - Jira doesn't store the attachments in a structure that is human friendly, so you'll need to work out what's going on there too.

Mohin Uddin April 27, 2014

Actulally I didn't use any plugin to old sever.I just uploaded to documents folder and forgot to backup those.now I want to upload to new server and also link to any custom field to view this.

which folder should we upload this file under new server?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2014

None, that's the point, we don't know how your old server provided this facility, because Jira does not normally do it.

If we don't know how it was done, we can't help you.

As I said before, you need to work out how you were doing it before.

Now, you've hinted that you've broken your attachments - the short answer here is that you should have taken a copy of the "home directory" for the old Jira. In there, there is a directory called "attachments". That should have been copied, unchanged, into your new system.

But that is nothing to do with the "documents" you originally asked about or what is going 404 - that was being provided by something we have no visbility of.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Are you sure this functionality does not come from an add-on ?

Suggest an answer