Do you need to host atlassian products yourself for an open-source cloud version?

Deleted user June 10, 2015

I'd really like to use JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket for my open-source project but it offers the open-source license for either the hosted or cloud version.

However when requesting the license for the cloud version it still asks for the url where the atlassian product is available to be viewed, leaving me confused. Do I need to host it myself? if so, what is the difference in the cloud version?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

It's asking you to say where your current Atlassian suite is hosted.

If you haven't got one yet, then you'll need to create one - the easiest way is to start an evaluation on Cloud, you'll get 30 days out of that before needing a licence, but you can use the url it gives you in the request form straight away.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

p.s. I'd put some information there before making the request, especially noting the open source licence you'll be using.

Deleted user June 10, 2015

ah okay, thanks. I assumed I had to host the suite under my own domain.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events