Do you have any products to create a customer forum?

Jacob George October 4, 2017

To create a forum for public customer interaction and members of the company, similar to https://community.atlassian.com/ - searching different topics, anonymously viewing and log-in option etc.

Thanks,

Jacob

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

The last version of the Community was based on "Confluence Questions" - a forum like add-on for Confluence.  Questions is less forum-like than Community though (Community is based on Lithium now, which is not an Atlassian product)

You probably should have a look at the Marketplace for forums.  I only know of one - Adaptavist's Community Forums for Confluence (But I would do, as I work for them).  There may be others, but searching for "fora" or "forums" on marketplace is getting me "every single add-on", so I don't know how to narrow it down.

Jacob George October 4, 2017

Thanks for your comment Nic. Do you know if there's a plugin that simply replicates https://community.atlassian.com/?

The Adaptavist's Community Forums for Confluence is only for internal users and not public viewing/discussions right? I faced the same issue on trying to search in Marketplace. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

Not that I know of, Community is totally separate non-Atlassian software.

You're right about Community Forums, you should be a Confluence user to use it, but you could use it in public, as long as you're careful with automatic signups (spam...)

Jacob George October 5, 2017

Ah I see.

So in that case, to view the forum, each user has to sign up first?  Also, cost of Confluence is based on the number of users right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2017

Yes, the users have to sign up. 

You can allow "anonymous", but that is like ringing up Hormel and asking them to send you every tin they can spare.  Not recommended.

Confluence licences is indeed based on (tiers of) number of users (other than anonymous)

Jacob George October 6, 2017

Thank you for all the details, appreciate the support.

Suggest an answer