Do we need to get new licenses for the plugins when upgrading Jira

Maximiliano Alvarez January 8, 2014

Hello,

we are currently analyzing the possibility of upgrading JIRA from 5.2.6 to 6.1.5.

For this reason I checked all of our installed plugins and noticed that none of them support the JIRA version we are pretending to upgrade to.

Those plugins are:

• JIRA iCalendar Plugin
  • JIRA Importers Plugin (JIM)
  • JIRA Calendar Plugin
  • JIRA Charting Plugin

I just want to know if we're going to need to upgrade those plugins manually and if the licences we have will still work. Should we get new licenses for those plugins?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2014

Heya Maximiliano,

I believe that you would not need to purchase any additional license for those plugins, it will still could be used for any other version as long as the license not yet expired.

If it is not supported the problem will be more to compatibilty with the version that you would like to upgrade to. Some might not working properly or even not able to be used at all. You can choose a lower JIRA version that still supported by those plugins if you still would like to use it.

Hope this information could help you.

Best Regards, Julian.

0 votes
Maximiliano Alvarez January 8, 2014

Thanks a lot, Julian, for your answer.

Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2014

No Problem, glad i could at least help you.

Suggest an answer