Do we have any filters or query to get the count of closed defects on daily basis or other frequencies ?

sandeep sajja July 22, 2013

Do we have any filters or query in JIRA to get the count of closed defects on daily basis or other frequencies ?

2 answers

0 votes
Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2013

While not a query, this report may be of some interest to you:

* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Created+vs+Resolved+Issues+Report

With regards to your question

i have closed an issue 2 days before and i have added a comment on today, then thecount of closed defects for today will be 1. but the issue was closed 2 days back.

JIRA won't care about the comment, only the status change, so it will register the issue as being closed 2 days ago.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

You can create a filter like this:

status changed to closed after startOfDay()

And then subscribe to it before the day ends.

sandeep sajja July 29, 2013

if search with status chnaged to 'closed' how i will know when the issue has been closed. example :

i have closed an issue 2 days before and i have added a comment on today, then thecount of closed defects for today will be 1. but the issue was closed 2 days back.

Suggest an answer