Do transientVars exist in JIRA Cloud and can they be accessed via ScriptRunner?

Brian W. Bishop November 7, 2016

I am trying to popup a dialog on a transition to capture some data, with which I would like to run some JIRA REST API requests afterwards.  I am using JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner Cloud - is there a way to achieve what I could with ScriptRunner on JIRA Server?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Mort [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2016

Hi Brian,

The way I would achieve this in JIRA Cloud would be to have a transition that had required fields on a screen. These fields would capture the data you need and then when the post function fires you can use ScriptRunner to make the REST API calls.

There is no way for any add-on to intercept transition calls on Cloud in the same way that is possible on Server.

Hope that helps

Jon

Brian Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

Thanks @Jon Mort (Adaptavist)

In your scenario, the transition screen allows a user to add some data, which hopefully are saved "into" the issue they are viewing, then:

I could have a script postfunction that retrieved the values of those fields (which would necessarily be on that particular issue) and based on the values do something (create another issue of a type determined by the values the user specified when they entered data into the transition screen).

Jon Mort [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2016

Exactly - this is the kind of workflow that ScriptRunner is designed to support

Suggest an answer