Do not print custom field in custom email if null

Ben Armstrong January 23, 2014

I have some custom fields I would like to print in a custom email generated as a Script Runner post function. BUT I only want the fields printed if value != null.

I am trying to use this template:

<%
    if (cfValues['Other Reason'] == 'Other') {
        out << "value is ${cfValues['Other Reason']}"
    }
    else {
        out << "test"
    }
%>

This is my actual code:

<%
    if (issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Client Case Number")) != null) {
        out << "Client Case Number:  ${issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Client Case Number"))}"
    }
    else {
        out << "Client Case Number: "
    }
%>

Right now this works when plugged into the builtin Script Runner Preview page, but not when plugged into my workflow.

Thank you,
Ben

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Not sure why I couldn' t get this to work as a work flow scripted post-function.

Copy and pasted into a scripted Listener, it works perfectly. That solves my issue.

0 votes
Aron Aizenstat January 23, 2014

The condition can be removed from body. Select "Has custom field value equal to" post function.

In the Condition box, you'd input

cfValues['Other Reason'].value.equals('Other')

And then add the email template in the box below. That was the simplest way I found to do what you are attempting, but regardless use the above to check the custom field value and it should work for you.

Thanks,

Aron

Aron,

Some but not all, of our customers use their own reference numbers for support tickets that get escalated to us. I was trying to get that number to appear in the subject line and body of the email if it existed, and a space to appear if it did not. This how we are currently doing these emails, which I was seeking to have JIRA automate.

For some reason this works exactly as expected using a scripted listener, but not as scripted post-function. But I'm happy as long as I get the desired functionality.

Thanks,

Ben

Suggest an answer