Do customer need an account to send an support email?

test er November 20, 2014

I have downloaded the trial JIRA service desk and hosted it on my server.

I have also setup email account on the JIRA service so that I can receive ticket through email.

But I am not sure why when customer email address is not registered the email didnt not came through as a ticket.

I went to register the customer email then it came as a ticket. is there a work around for this?

3 answers

0 votes
Asael Sepúlveda November 21, 2014

Try just creating a new mail handler that uses the POP Mail Server (included by default on the cloud) and the "create comment or issue from email" option. On the next screen, select your service desk's project and the rest of the fields. You will be asked to select a default reporter (you can either create an account specifically for that or use your own).

After that, send an email to the POP Mail Server address and it should appear on your service desk. I hope I was clear. Let me know if this solved your problem

0 votes
test er November 20, 2014

i changed it to Mail handler used by JIRA Service Desk. Do not modify or delete. 10,000

Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue

'If a message comes from an unrecognised address, create a new JIRA user with the user name and email address set to the 'From' address of the message.

The password for the new user is randomly generated, and an email is sent to the new user informing them about their new account in JIRA.'

doest it mean afterall the customer still need to be registered to use the help desk ?

0 votes
Asael Sepúlveda November 20, 2014

On your email handler, do you have a default user to be used as the issue reporter?

Suggest an answer