Do confluence logins appear in JIRA admin panel if they never log into JIRA?

Deleted user October 22, 2014

We are using a self-hosted instance of JIRA (currently v 6.24) and Confluence (currently v 5.0.3), both originally installed about 7 years ago. We use JIRA to manage users in Confluence.

We want to clear up the JIRA user list, disable accounts which haven’t logged in for a few months and delete accounts which have never logged in (if they never logged in they can’t have created any content). 

However as Confluence gets its user list from JIRA I had one question:  If a user has never logged into JIRA but HAS logged into Confluence, will this appear in the user admin panel in JIRA? 

Currently, users who have never logged in have ‘Not recorded’ next their ‘Last logged in’ date in the user table.  However I'm unsure if this only applies for JIRA or if it also applies to Confluence.  I don’t want to screw up access for user who only use Confluence.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2014

Hi Kathleen,

This will not appear in the JIRA User Administration, that only records if people have logged into JIRA or not.

Best regards,

Peter

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2014

Hi Kathleen, you'll additionally have to check the Confluence User Administration. You can find the "Last login" information there. Cheers, Kirstin

Deleted user October 22, 2014

Thank you both, that's very helpful

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events