Do confluence logins appear in JIRA admin panel if they never log into JIRA?

We are using a self-hosted instance of JIRA (currently v 6.24) and Confluence (currently v 5.0.3), both originally installed about 7 years ago. We use JIRA to manage users in Confluence.

We want to clear up the JIRA user list, disable accounts which haven’t logged in for a few months and delete accounts which have never logged in (if they never logged in they can’t have created any content). 

However as Confluence gets its user list from JIRA I had one question:  If a user has never logged into JIRA but HAS logged into Confluence, will this appear in the user admin panel in JIRA? 

Currently, users who have never logged in have ‘Not recorded’ next their ‘Last logged in’ date in the user table.  However I'm unsure if this only applies for JIRA or if it also applies to Confluence.  I don’t want to screw up access for user who only use Confluence.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Kathleen,

This will not appear in the JIRA User Administration, that only records if people have logged into JIRA or not.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Kathleen, you'll additionally have to check the Confluence User Administration. You can find the "Last login" information there. Cheers, Kirstin

Thank you both, that's very helpful

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

102 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you