Do Jira accounts and Jira ServiceDesk accounts share licences?

Armin Tangelder August 29, 2016

Hi,

For example, you already have a JIRA license in use and you add the ServiceDesk feature/solution.

Do I need an extra license or can I access Servicedesk with the same license?

So  I have 1 Jira, do I need 1 ServiceDesk license or will my JIRA license cover the login for ServiceDesk as well?

Why I ask. We already work with JIRA and are looking to add ServiceDesk. If we need to buy the extra licenses we need to know as some of the current people who are in JIRA will need access to ServiceDesk.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

Service Desk licences are for "agents".  These users have full access to all the service desk functions.  Normal Core JIRA users do not get Service Desk functions.   The SD licence includes a "core" licence as well, so that your nominated Agents can use JIRA as well.

Imagine you've currently got a licence for 100 JIRA users.  Install Service Desk and licence 5 Agents.  You'll be able to have up to 105 users with active accounts.  All of them can use Core, 5 of them are Agents as well.

Customers for SD are free, you can have as many as you need, but they won't be able to do much more than raise and track requests - they don't get access to JIRA.

0 votes
Armin Tangelder August 29, 2016

Awesome to know.... 

Thank you 

Suggest an answer