Do I need to use up a JIRA licence to display a wallboard?

BenC September 23, 2014

Hi, I am planning to have a JIRA OnDemand Wallboard on a huge TV in our office.  I want to have a little laptop powering this display.  My plan was to log myself in and run the Wallboard but I have discovered I don't seem to be able to log in twice.  I don't have any spare licences to have a "wallboard user" so I am wondering if there is a way round this

2 answers

2 votes
Alan Parkinson [Hindsight Software]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

For Wallboard there is no way around using a user account.

With OnDemand you can normally login multiple times and I'm presently logged in our Wallboard, my desktop and laptop all at the same time.

It might be worth checking your Wallboard account is not being logged out from somewhere else. When you explicitly logout from one account it will log you out from all of them. This includes scripts and 3rd party integrations like IDE connectors, see Getting randomly logged out of OnDemand

BTW you don't need a laptop for a wallboard, we run our's using a RaspberryPI running Chrome.

0 votes
Richard Hale October 28, 2014

to automate the login are you using the form post trick with os_username and os_password?

Suggest an answer