Do I need to update Jira if hosted with Atlassians?

Abraham_Georges May 24, 2017

Maybe a stupid question, I am new to this and I am loving Jira! But if I have it hosted with Atlassians do I ever need to concern myself with upgrading or that is done automatically as long as I am on cloud instance (not hosting it myself)? Please let me know.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2017

Your Cloud instance will automatically be upgraded to the latest and greatest on an ongoing basis. I hope you continue to love JIRA!

Thanks, is the latest version 7.x? Im planning on buying some books just wanna make sure its the same version for now. Guess a lot of things will still be valid.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2017

Yes, still in the 7's. JIRA Cloud versions are not entirely parallel with server versions but the latest server version is 7.3.6. (Cloud instances no longer have the version at the bottom of the page, but they are on the equivalent of 7-something)

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2017

Cloud Instance will be upgraded automatically by Atlassian Abraham

thanks for reply.

Suggest an answer