Do I need a JIRA core license and a JIRA Service Desk license for the developer role?

Peter Straub March 23, 2017

We'd like to setup JIRA Service Desk Cloud for a customer.

We use JIRA Software internally and internally hosted. We'd like to give our internal developers access to JIRA SD Cloud (developer role)

My question: Do I have to license a JIRA core Cloud so as to give the developers the necessary access rights?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2017

Technically, yes you do.

Your Agent licences include a Core licence.  If you want non-agents to use JIRA, they will need Core licences (or Software licences, which also include Core)

If, for example, you bought 3 agents, 25 developers and 10 Core licences, you could have a maximum of  3 Agents, 25 Software users, and effectively 38 Core users because the Agents and Developers would be using their core licences.

Peter Straub March 23, 2017

Thank you for the clarification. That explains also why one of our developers couldn't get access to JIRA Service Desk Cloud, after my having deleted the associated JIRA Core project and thus having removed the JIRA Core license.

Suggest an answer