Disply Sub-task Id number

Vidhya GOWTHAM July 20, 2017

Hello All,

one parent issue tickt name " ABC  " Id number is 0001 . In this ticket am creating several Sub-tasks . Each Sub-task has own id number . 

I can see the list of Sub-tasks and name of the Sub-Tasks , but i cannot see the Sub-task id  when i opening the parent ticket.

Is it possible to disply list of Sub-Tasks  Id's.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

This is a global setting, so check with your users first, but:

Go to Admin -> System -> General Settings and click the "Advanced settings" button at the top right.

Find jira table cols subtasks and edit the list of fields.  Add issuekey to the list!

Vidhya GOWTHAM July 21, 2017

Thanks Nic 

Vidhya GOWTHAM July 24, 2017

Hello Nic,

"This is a global setting, so check with your users first, "      

what it means ? if i add Issuekey in that list is there any problem . why you are mentioned that line . 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

Exactly what I said - this is a global setting, affecting everything.

Michelle December 20, 2018

Thank you Nic!

0 votes
Jason Michaud July 19, 2018

Thank you for this answer - one question - if I add the Issuekey - will Jira need to perform a Re-index right away?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

No, you don't need to re-index.

Suggest an answer