Displaying customer accessibility

Rumceisz February 11, 2013

Hi All,

I would like to find a possibility to optically show that in the browser. Here are some ideas so far:

• change the project icon, e.g. drawing a thick red line at the bottom
  • write a plugin that changes the a style, e.g. <div class="result-panel"> based on project category, like giving it a border in red of 4px

Any idea?

Thanks,

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2013

What does "displaying customer accessibility" mean here?

I can see you want to display some information, that's fine, but I don't understand what?

Rumceisz February 11, 2013

Hi Nic,

ver simple: we have 2 kinds of projects in our instance. Internal ones and those which can be accessed be the customers. We would like to visible hightlight these 2 types.

I know that we use project avatars and special project id's which indicates the type but we need a better solution: which is more visible, so somebody could say from 5 metres distance that this is a customer project. I guess can be something be set in the frames or back colour??

Thanks,

Rumi

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2013

Ah, I see, the data you're making the decision on is just an arbitrary "because we said so" flag. (That's not a problem of course, it just was not clear from the description, and I thought the question was about how to identify them as well as highlight them)

Anyway, highlighting them - no, I can't think of an easy and consistent way to do this. I'm not even sure I could design a simple catch-all solution that you could do in a couple of places, you're looking at fiddling with css or panel backgrounds in the core of Jira in several places

Suggest an answer