Displaying custom status name vs standard

Kyle Hendricks September 23, 2014

Hey folks,

I have a project set up to be a very visual thing for a product group. Basically, my workflow has steps like "Pending Deployment" like occupy the JIRA default "Pending" status and stuff like that.

I am looking for a way/field to display the name of my custom workflow step instead of (or in addition to) where JIRA reads "Status" - Is this possible? I combed through the custom field creation area, but I don't seem to be seeing anything like that. Am I just not inferring the right information from the line descriptions?

Thanks for the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

You'll need to create a workflow with the same steps/flow but with different status names.

Is there a way to alter the name of the Linked Status part of a project? I have all the "Step Names" named what I want, but the linked status is what displays on the actual issues. Can I create brand new statuses somewhere in Admin? I only need the statuses changed for this specific project, so a universal change won't work.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

Ok, you'll need a new workflow linked to different status. Copy the existing one and stick it in a new scheme. Then go to Admin -> Status and add the new status you need, then edit the new workflow and change the linked status. Finally, apply the scheme to the project.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2014

Why don't you just change the name of the status?

Is there a way to alter the name of the Linked Status part of a project? I have all the "Step Names" named what I want, but the linked status is what displays on the actual issues. Can I create brand new statuses somewhere in Admin? I only need the statuses changed for this specific project, so a universal change won't work.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2014

See Joe's answer and my comment!

Suggest an answer