Displaying a custom field

joshO February 3, 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have a customfield that is not on any screens but I change the value through the workflow using post functions. I want the value to be displayed on the Issue View but after the value is changed it remaines none visable. I know the value is being changed because if I do a search I retrieve the correct results. Does anybody know how to make a custom field visable if it is not on any screen?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

You need to add it on the View screen, as soon as a value is set due to your transition it is shown on that screen.

If this field should only be filled by the workflow make sure you have a create and edit screen without that field.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

You need to define different screens for issue operations like create, edit and view. See here

joshO February 3, 2013

I guess Im missing a connection here. how do you add a screen to an issue if it is not during a transition like create or during closing. so far I dont have any screens that are not displayed to the user.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2013

Hi Joshua,

you can add your custom field to any screen you like, for more information look here

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer