We have a scripted field "Month Created" that takes the month value from the date a JIRA ticket was created. In the Default Configuration Scheme for this field is:
Code is as follows:
return new SimpleDateFormat("MMM").format(new Date(issue.getCreated().getTime()))
However, when we display this in our Gadget the Month is not "Ordered by Month" correctly (see column highlighted in red).
We updated the Searcher of the field in the Custom Fields page to "Date and Time Searcher (stats)". After re-indexing JIRA, the custom field is not even recognized (although in the Filter the Month Created values for all 148 tickets remain visible and correct).
Could anyone please advise on how to display the value of the scripted field ordered correctly by month?
I think this is because the gadget is looking for fields that present them selves as properly bounded lists of items. While you've changed the searcher, that's actually one for doing statistics, not bounded lists, and the output is text, so it simply can't do it.
You really need the field output to be effectively a select list, but I don't think that can be done with a scripted field.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG