• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Displaying Dialog2 outside of iframe addon

The deprecated dialog 1 modal window is able to target a defined web-panel for a Connect add on and display across the entire Jira window without issue.

In trying to implement a new Dialog2 modal and following the example laid out in the documentation, the dialog window shows within the add on iframe web panel and I am unable to figure out how to either have it shown across the entire window or target a web-panel as I did with the deprecated Dialog version.

Is there a way of doing this with the Dialog2 api?

2 answers

Hi @Brian Kelley, have you found the solution for this?

Thanks,

Glib

@Glib Briia No I ended up giving up and just going with the Dialog 1 modal since it works. *shrug*

Thank you, I'll try that

Another solution is to use AP.dialog.create with a key that refers to modules in atlassian-connect.json.

Javascript:

AP.dialog.create({
"key": 'my-custom-dialog',
"chrome": false,
"size" : "large",
"header":{
"value":"My custom dialog"
}
});

atlassian-connect.json:

"webItems"
: [
{
"name": {
"value": "My custom dialog"
},
"key": "my-custom-dialog",
"url": "/my-custom-dialog-view",
"location": "none",
"context": "addon",
"target":{
"type":"dialog"
}
}
]

But unfortunately, it does not support queryparams or any kind of custom context nor does it have an on open event...

This is only a workable solution if you intend to open your app in a dialog from a button or link.
Then every main interaction with your app should happen inside the dialog's iframe.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you