Displaying Create Issue screen in whole screen and not modal

Masahito Shimauchi December 8, 2013

Hi everyone,

We have projects in our JIRA (ver. 6.1.4) with several fields in their screens. As such, it would not be user friendly to display the screen in a modal view. Is there an easy way to force all Create Issue as well as Edit Issue screens to display in whole page and not modal view?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

to display edit screen in full screen then try with this script

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {	
		openInNewWindow();
	});

openInNewWindow();
	function openInNewWindow(){
	$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");
	$("#edit-issue").removeClass("issueaction-edit-issue");
}
});
</script>

Note: i tested it on jira6.1

Hi Rambanam,

I included it in JIRA 6.1.4 but it didnt work. This is how I made the script. Is this correct?

AJS.$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");
AJS.$("#edit-issue").removeClass("issueaction-edit-issue");
</script>

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

updated my Answer!! try with that and let me know!

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2013

where you added the above javascript?

i added it on announcement banner and tried and it worked !

Hi Rambanam,

Tried the solution that you provided but I think it made it worse. Both always display as modal now.

Masahito Shimauchi December 9, 2013

Hi rambanam,

I think I forgot to put the script tags so it was not working that time. It worked now and looked good in Firefox and IE but not when editing from List View screen in both browsers. I think this will do for now. Thank you for your help!

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2013

Glad to hear it worked!!

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2013

using following javascript you can do this

AJS.$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");
</script>

check this Jira KB doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+disable+Create+Issue+popup

Hi Rambanam,

Thank you for your answer. This solved the problem with the create issue screen. Is there any way to help fix the Edit screen?

Masahito Shimauchi December 9, 2013

Hi rambanam,

I think I forgot to put the script tags so it was not working that time. It worked now and looked good in Firefox but not in IE and when editing from List View screen in both browsers. As IE is our official browser, I think we'll just get by with displaying Create Screen as whole screen for now.

Suggest an answer