Displaying Content in a Dialog in JIRA: popup width

sm shamim December 12, 2012

I have a web item in operations-top-level. I am using 'trigger-dialog' style class to show the content in a popup. The content comes from a velocity template backed by a webwork action.

The problem is the content is shown in a medium popup, I have checked it is using 'popup-width-medium' css class. The initial content fits within the provided with, but the popup provides some feature which dynamically adds html elemens and this is causing things getting stretched outside the popup area.

How can I increase the initial width of the popup. More specifically how can I tell Jira to use 'popup-width-large' css class to display my popup?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Carsten Tolkmit September 12, 2013

I am using a new css class "trigger-dialog-large".

Then in my plugin.js I have:

(function(){

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, $ctx) {
	    initLargeDialogs($ctx);
});

function initLargeDialogs(context) {
		context.find("a.trigger-dialog-large").each(function () {
	        new JIRA.FormDialog({
	            trigger: this,
	            id: this.id + "-dialog",
	            ajaxOptions: {
	                url: this.href,
	                data: {
	                    decorator: "dialog",
	                    inline: "true"
	                }
	            },
	            widthClass: "large"
	        });
	    });
	}

})(jQuery)

Take care, that the web-resource that contains plugin.js needs <context>atl.general</context>.

roberto.lopez June 5, 2014

I have the <styleClass>trigger-dialog</styleClass> property in the webitem declaration (atlassian-plugin.xml).

Where I need to add "trigger-dialog-large" property? In atlassian-plugin.xml or in style in html/vm screen?

Carsten Tolkmit June 5, 2014

In the web-item declaration, like this (taken from our self-written plugin):

&lt;web-item name="AnswerAllEmailItem" i18n-name-key="answer-all-email-item.name" key="answer-all-email-item" section="ennit-tools-web-section" weight="1070"&gt;
    &lt;description key="answer-all-email-item.description"&gt;The AnswerAll Plugin&lt;/description&gt;
    &lt;conditions type="AND"&gt;
      &lt;condition class="de.ennit.atlassian.jira.web.condition.IsEmailSendingAllowedCondition"/&gt;
      &lt;condition class="de.ennit.atlassian.jira.web.condition.IsAnswerAllPossibleCondition"/&gt;
    &lt;/conditions&gt;
    &lt;styleClass&gt;trigger-dialog-large&lt;/styleClass&gt;
    &lt;label key="answer-all-email-item.label"/&gt;
    &lt;link linkId="answer-all-email-item-link"&gt;/secure/SendCustomerEmailAction!default.jspa?id=${issueId}&amp;amp;answerAll=true&lt;/link&gt;
    &lt;tooltip key="answer-all-email-item.tooltip"/&gt;
    &lt;param name="isPopupLink" value="true"/&gt;
  &lt;/web-item&gt;

roberto.lopez June 6, 2014

Hi Carsten!

Thank you very much! You reply me very fast. I couldn’t have done it without you”.

I owe you!”

shubham May 18, 2021

h

0 votes
manikandan.sabapathi January 6, 2016

Hi Carsten,

This is very nice to solve this problem. But still the width is fixed to some size. Can I have a customize the width and increase it?

Thanks,

Manikandan

0 votes
roberto.lopez June 6, 2014

Hi Carsten!

Thank you very much! You reply me very fast. I couldn’t have done it without you”.

I owe you!”

0 votes
roberto.lopez June 5, 2014

I have the <styleClass>trigger-dialog</styleClass> property in the webitem declaration (atlassian-plugin.xml).

Where I need to add "trigger-dialog-large" property? In atlassian-plugin.xml or in style in html/vm screen?

Suggest an answer