Display what step a comment has been made.

Hi all, I'm extremely new to JIRA and I'm wondering is it possible to display at what stage a comment was made when progressing through the workflow. For example

Joe Bloggs added a comment 6 mins ago

In Progess (Step)

"This job is easy peazy"

2 answers

0 vote

Comments aren't tagged like that I'm afraid.

You'll need to find or write a bit of code that can look at a comment's date/time stamp and refer back to the history of changes to establish what the status was.

0 vote
Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Jun 23, 2014

This information is not recorded directly in the comment's data, but it would conceivably be possible to reconstruct it from the issue's change history items for the status field. It wouldn't surprise me if somebody has built a plugin with that kind of functionality, so you might check in the Marketplace.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

158 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you