Display user's email ID to a custom field.

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

Hi All,

We have a user picker custom field called "Test User" and want to display email id of this "Test User" to another field. So, please suggest the best way to do this.

Please let me know if need any additional info.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2014

You'll need to do some coding for this - the email address of a user is not pulled into the html for any given page.  A simple derived field should do it (I'd use the scripted field functions in the script runner)

Bear in mind that you could be exposing personal information though, and you'll be bypassing the built in "only certain people can see other users email address" unless you code for it specifically.

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

Thanks for the reply. Can you please share some example?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2014

I've not written code for that before, I just know I could if I tried, as I've done other stuff with user objects. What I could give you isn't going to get you very far - it really is "install script runner, write a scripted field that grabs another field value, reads a user from it and extracts their email address"

Suggest an answer