Display the "None" value fields in issue browse screen

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Hi,

I have added on select field name Project Version, it have the following options

and the default value None.

I have created one issue with "None" option in project version. When i browse the created issue the project version value is not displayed.

Example:

Create one issue with component as empty, and view the issue - Component value is displayed as "None". I need to display like for the field "Project Version".

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Hi,

This is an expected behaviour. When the value is 'None' it won't diaplay on the page. There is a workaround for it, you can remove the 'None' value by following this doc:

How to Remove 'NONE' from a Select List Custom Field

After that you can add a new value in your custom filed, which called 'None' or 'No value', then set it as a defult. It will consider as a value which can diaplay on the UI.

NOTE: the remove of 'NONE' from select list custom filed, will effect all other custom field which using the select list type.

Regards

AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Here is a Knowledge Base page which explain better:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=329975851

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Hi Amanda,

I need to remove the "None" option in Ondemand Jira. Please explain the stepts .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2013

There are no steps. You can't customise OnDemand to that extent.

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Why don't you use the system version fields? There you have the desired behaviour...

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2013

If I understand your description good, you are looking at the following "issue". The default value "none" actually is not a value, it just indicated that the field has no value at all. Fields that have no value normally do not get displayed. If you were to add an actual value to the field, and call it "none" or something else indicating you have not given it a "normal" value yet, and set this as the default value, the field should get displayed. You could also consider making the field a require field on the create issue screen (or any transition) to force a user to give a value for the field.

Suggest an answer