Display settings

Sanchit Neema October 12, 2017

Yesterday, 12th Oct 2017 (Kuala Lumpur GMT+06:46:48), I noticed an update in JIRA. I was very happy with new display i.e. upon clicking a card, it opens a pop-up. But today again it has changed like before i.e. it opens the description in the right side. This way JIRA takes a long time to load and quite uncomfortable. How can I change the display settings?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

Hi Sanchit, welcome to the community!

Based on your description, I'm going to assume you're in JIRA Cloud (url is something.atlassian.net). Good news is that there's an easy way to get the new look and feel again! Click on your profile picture in the upper right, and there should be an option that says "Experience the new Jira". This will get you back into the new look and feel.

image.png

Cheers,
Daniel

P.S. If you feel like this answer helped, please hit the checkmark to the left to mark it as answered. This helps us focus our efforts on unsolved questions. Thanks!

Sanchit Neema October 15, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for prompt reply.

I'm aware of that 'Experience the new Jira' option. Though my question was not on 'how to update JIRA' or 'how to switch back to old UI'. I'm just looking for an option to open detailed story card in a popup instead.  Currently, it opens like this (consider the red box):

JIRA help.PNG

The day when atlassian released new JIRA, this description use to open in a popup where user also has an option to change status

Open > In progress > Testing > Closed

But after few hours, the popup window was no more available and look and feel (only for opening the description) changed back to old style. 

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

Hmm, yes. I'm seeing the same thing in my test cloud instance but no apparent way to change the behavior. Or release notes anywhere that are of any use. Using the Give Feedback option in the menu looks like the way to go for now - I'll ask around and see if the Atlassian team is planning on providing proper notes for Cloud changes.

image.png

Suggest an answer