Display "Epic name" on view screen

Hi,

I have been configuring JIRA and Greenhopper for the past hours and I can't seem to find the way to make changes to the view screen (https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/feb34dc4-881f-40b1-91a7-f9b60a459923/20ef39a8bd023c5a833dc83328222d8c).

The thing is, I am using EPICs in my project and I need them to be directly related to stories. Finally Greenhopper supports that (hallelujah) so that on my scrum board, I can see to which EPIC certain stories relate.

Now, outside of a scrum board or even beyond Greenhopper functionality, the only thing inside a story I can see that is related to EPICs, is the EPIC link ("KEY-Incrementingnumber"). This link does not mean anything to me, I need to see the EPIC name. But I can't find a way to show this field on the story screens, especially on the view screen which you see if you click the link above.

Can anyone tell me how I can make this field show up and how I can hide/show certain fields on the VIEW screen?

All help is appreciated!

Kind regards,

Emile

1 answer

1 accepted

Epic Name is always present in the Agile tab (right bottom corner)

Hi Renjith,

Thanks for your quick reply, but in my case (out of the box ondemand) the lower right corner only shows the sprint number and end date in the Agile tab (see my screenshot).

Emile

Again. You need to wait for the next update I guess. GH is still not the latest on OnDemand. The latest is 6.1.1 which has this.

Should be there soon.

Ah....so you mean that this feature is already enabled in the latest version for the download product?

That clears up your message...

Can you define "soon"?

Actually, I think that there is something else going on...

When I start looking for the field on the view screen ("Where is my field?" under the More options menu), I get noted that the "Epic name" field does not have a value... Weird, because Epic name is a required field, so this could actually not happen. Bug?

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/91a65211-85d5-4fb1-9579-cb9b1dd3e292/a5a62340360115727118bd290d471aff

Can comment only after the latest GH is rolled out to OnDemand. I am not sure about the exact date, but I am guessing it should happen in a week or two.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

1,004 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you