Display original estimate in subtasks using jira.table.cols.subtasks settings

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

We have a requirement wherein we have to display the original estimate for subtask. This section is made available at the parent task wherein a user can get the glimpse of all the subtasks at one instance. As of now the values configured are for issuetype, status, assignee, progress. How can i include original estimate.I am not able to find the value associated with original estimate or estimate of subtask. I tried giving different names as estimates, original estimate but the field is nt allowing. So i am not sure whether we can display the estimate for subtask or not

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2013

Got it . set "timeoriginalestimate" in the jira.table.cols.subtasks setting

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2015

Hi Jayashree,

Check out our recently released Issue Matrix plug-in -- it should help with displaying original estimates and any other field in sub-tasks. The Issue Matrix allows for customization and visualization of sub-task fields, independent from the parent level. It also allows for flexible configuration per issue type or project. See more on its functionality here: https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ILV/Concept and let us know in case you need any support.

Best,
The Botron Software Team

0 votes
Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2013

Got it . its timeoriginalestimate

0 votes
Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2013

Hi. I did give estimate to the subtask but it wasnt getting displayed.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2013

hello Jayashree Shetty,

while creating the subtask itself you can give the Original Estimate value and it appear on the parent subtask panel.

but to know the status of the subtask in parent panel, you need to Log Work the subtask.

Suggest an answer