Display original estimate in subtasks using jira.table.cols.subtasks settings

We have a requirement wherein we have to display the original estimate for subtask. This section is made available at the parent task wherein a user can get the glimpse of all the subtasks at one instance. As of now the values configured are for issuetype, status, assignee, progress. How can i include original estimate.I am not able to find the value associated with original estimate or estimate of subtask. I tried giving different names as estimates, original estimate but the field is nt allowing. So i am not sure whether we can display the estimate for subtask or not

5 answers

1 accepted

Got it . set "timeoriginalestimate" in the jira.table.cols.subtasks setting

hello Jayashree Shetty,

while creating the subtask itself you can give the Original Estimate value and it appear on the parent subtask panel.

but to know the status of the subtask in parent panel, you need to Log Work the subtask.

Hi. I did give estimate to the subtask but it wasnt getting displayed.

Got it . its timeoriginalestimate

Hi Jayashree,

Check out our recently released Issue Matrix plug-in -- it should help with displaying original estimates and any other field in sub-tasks. The Issue Matrix allows for customization and visualization of sub-task fields, independent from the parent level. It also allows for flexible configuration per issue type or project. See more on its functionality here: https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ILV/Concept and let us know in case you need any support.

Best,
The Botron Software Team

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,026 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot