Display filter data by user group

Carlos Eduarte June 1, 2017

I have two user groups  (group1 and group2) configured, each with 5 users.  I have filters configured to display issues according to the built-in membersOf(group) function, e.g.

statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee in membersOf(group1).

statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee in membersOf(group2).

I want to create 3 different Pie Charts. The first two are a pie chart of issues as distributed to group1 and group2.

The third pie chart is an aggregate that shows me how many issues satisfy the filters but categorized by each of group1 and group2.  Is there a way to achieve this.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

It seems like you're looking for a sort of "two-dimensional" pie chart - JIRA isn't able to do that by default, and I don't personally know of any add-ons that can achieve this.

The closest thing I can think of is the Two-Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget for a dashboard. It's not a visual representation of the data unfortunately, but it will at least give you a good statistical breakdown of the data. You'll need a third filter, too - one that combines the results of both queries you've already mentioned above.

Probably not the answer you're looking for exactly, but hope this helps.

Carlos Eduarte June 2, 2017

That doesn't quite do it. I'm pretty new to JIRA development but I'm thinking this could be done with an add-on to collect these statistics and turn them into either a pie chart or a bar graph.  So using the bar graph example, I would have a bar for all group1 count, one for group2, etc.  Just wondering how difficult you think this would be to write.

Suggest an answer