Display dynamic values in customfields without saving in Jira Database

Pandu Ranga February 22, 2013

Hi,

Jira Version: 5.2.6

Requirement: Pull the values from remote database and show in jira customfields in edit and view screen without saving values in jira database.

Is it possible?

Is there any exisiting plugins available?

Using AJS Ajax we can show the values in edit screen. How can we show the selected values in view screen? Is it possible through AJS?

Thanks in Advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pandu Ranga March 12, 2013

We started developing new plugin for our requirement.

0 votes
Juan Fernandez March 17, 2013

Hi Nikhil [TCS],

i'm interested in your CSV solution for a custom field. I'm trying to make a drop down field with values that can be change in a month or a week. But for me CSV is good solution. Can you explain me how do you create that field?

Thanks Nik!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2013

Yes i agree. By using those plugins we can get values from remote database. But if we selected value then it will store in the jira database to show in the view screen. We dont want to store the same data in two places.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2013

So you want something that will potentially issue hundreds of queries against a remote database, and won't be searchable? I've not seen a plugin to do that, but you could write one.

I suppose you could also do it in javascript or on the client side, but that would expose your database connection settings.

Yes i already tried by using AJS ajax request to the other app. But i am getting this error.

<script type="text/javascript">

AJS.$(document).ready(function() {

console.log("....1......");

AJS.$.ajax({

url: "http://192.168.1.12:8080/djx",

type: "GET",

dataType: "jsonp",

success: function(msg){

console.log("............"+msg);

},

error: function(response) {

console.log("error............"+ response.toSource());

}

});

});

</script>

Even in this process we will get the values and display in only edit issue screen what about the view screen?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2013

I have to admit I'm out of my depth on AJS, I've only tinkered with existing stuff and made minor tweaks. Connecting to another system is not something I've tried.

Ohh ok.Thanks Nic Brough for reply.

Suggest an answer