Display confluence taks in JIRA dashboard

Rajesh Krishna May 22, 2017

We are using both JIRA and Confluence on the cloud. How can I see Confluence Tasks in JIRA dashboard? I read somewhere about 'Confluence Page Gadget', but not able to see the same.

2 answers

4 votes
Eva Kasiak May 23, 2017

Hi Rajesh, 

when you create content in Confluence say you create tasks summary and you would like to link them with JIRA, this is what you need to do:

Step 1

• create a task in Confluence - highlight it 
  • Select Insert JIRA/Issue Filter 

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 09.19.29.png

Step 2

• click Create New Issue
  • select the project
  • select issue type
  • add Summary and Description

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 09.19.23.png

once that is done you can actually start filtering JIRA to display Confluence tasks

I hope this helps

Rajesh Krishna May 23, 2017

Thank you very much. Currently, we are managing this way. Is there any way we can avoid additional steps (Step 2)? For example meeting action items to appear in JIRA dashboard, needs to create JIRA task for all. All these action items not necessarily always attached to a project. Is there any way confluence tasks can be added as a Gadget?

Like # people like this
Taylor Roche February 6, 2019

I want to do exactly what you describe. I'd like to have action items from meeting notes in Confluence that are assigned using the "@" syntax show up in the Jira Dashboard. Is this possible without making everything a task in Jira as was described by Eva?

Like # people like this
ksi July 24, 2020

Same for me. Unfortunately the Confluence Page Gadget doesn't find/know about the /plugins/inlinetasks/mytasks.action page.

Creating a separate page with the tasks macro only works for one person and doesn't scale. Would be great to have both on one Dashboard.

Creating additional Jira issues for every Confluence task from meeting minutes is too much of a burden and we won't do it. Too many tasks in different groups of people who won't stick to it.

Like # people like this
Himanshu Gohel July 8, 2022

Adding a Confluence Tasks gadget would make it easy for teams to create a Jira dashboard which shows each user's task list. Atlassian, please consider this feature request. Thanks.

Like Lia Mack likes this
1 vote
Vincent Lyon May 23, 2017

Hi Rajesh,

I think you should take a look at this documentation :

Integrating JIRA and Confluence

Use JIRA applications and Confluence together

Linking a Confluence page to an EPIC

This will explain how to link JIRA and Confluence. I don't use it, so I can't really tell you whether it's what you're looking for or not, but I do hope this will help.

Regards,

Vincent

Rajesh Krishna May 23, 2017

Thank you very much, Vincent. Currently, we have integrated Confluence and JIRA, which works well. Yes, when creating product requirements in Confluence we are attaching to an epic. Currently, we are managing confluence tasks (say meeting action items) as mentioned in below answer by the support. I am looking how we can avoid the additional step of creating JIRA task (as action items are already created in Confluence), and show as a summary in JIRA dashboard.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer