Display chinese characters as name in Jira

Rumceisz July 4, 2012

Hi All,

we have a new chinese project in our company and we will create many user accounts to the chinese colleagues. They request that their full name in chinese (not username).

I make it clear: for me the chinese characters appear properly. But some colleagues have a square displayed instead of the chinese character.

My question is: is it because of the browser they use or it's a Jira problem? I need the answer to provide it to the requester.

Thank you!

Thanks in advance!
Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amanda Wei July 22, 2012

Hi Rumi,

According to your chinese colleages request, I have test it by using chinese and few other characters as a username, all of them appear properly. In JIRA, it allows user to have difrent langueses characters. So I think it should be the browser problem.

I recomand you to change another browser and test it again. Also, I have googled about this problem causes, and I found the flowing link is helpful:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/how-can-i-get-ie-8-to-display-chinese-characters/f3686b5f-6552-47bb-89ae-75d57d13270c

Plese refer to the solution from this link and test it again, hope it works!

If you still have problems about this, you are always welcome to ask and I will do my best to help!

Have a nice day!

Amanda

Rumceisz July 22, 2012

Hi Amanda,

thank you!

Suggest an answer