Display calculated field on issue view screen

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

How could I display some calculated field (for example, 'progress', 'time spent', etc) not only in filter results, but also on issue view screen?

Is it possible at all?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

It is impossible to display calculated field on a view screen

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2012

Er, no, sorry, that's incorrect. You can display calculated fields. The whole timetracking area is the answer.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

In your Screen Scheme, add the field to the view you are using for the "View Issue" operation.

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

the problem is that when I open 'Edit screen' page, there are no 'progress' or 'time spent' fields in the list of available fields, so I cannot add them to the screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2012

Those are not actually separate fields, they are the "timetracking" field. It comes out differently on view. You can't really get them on "edit" because they aren't editable items.

Try adding the timetracking field to the edit screen, that's the closest you are going to get

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

Nic Brough,

You can't really get them on "edit" because they aren't editable items.

I do not need those fields on edit screen. I need them on view screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2012

Your comment was specifically about the EDIT screen.

Your question was originally generalised - you said "add a calculated field to screen", and @nbhushan's answer is correct - add the field to the view screen.

Now that we know exactly which fields you want to add (you named them as examples, not the focus of your question), we can tell you about the specifics - in this case, my comment about the edit screen still applies - those are not really calculated fields, they're displays of the time tracking information. So make sure the time tracking is on the view screen, and that your issues have some time tracking data to display.

Suggest an answer