Display and hide custom fields in workflow for different user groups/roles

sowdamini reddy October 12, 2013

I have requirement to display Custom Radio button field "Manager approval : Yes or No to only Managers group in one of the workflow screen steps and not to all the other users to edit in workflow.

similerly I have requirement to make the custom field editable and visible to only developers group in few steps fo the workflow ex: Time Tracking custom field and not the to the business users group.

How can I Play with different fields display in workflow. Is it possible to create different screen schemes? how to use screens in workflow transition?

Thanks

Mini

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2013

In this same workflow, you can have two different transitions with two different screens. Each transition will have a workflow condition that makes sure the user is in a purituclar group and only the people in that group can see that transition.

The screens will then have that field depending on which group have permission to see that field.

0 votes
sowdamini reddy October 12, 2013

Thanks Jobin. I am creating different screens with different fields and use them in transition. Also, I have other question.

I also need to change the display dropdown fields in system project field. I created different departments as projects. When specific users group logs in they should see only specific project and their related issues only. The system project field is displaying all the departments (project) names in dropdown.

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2013

Hi,

You can do it with javascript
Can you share the version of your JIRA?

Suggest an answer