Display a completed Transition Screen

Pedro Lyons April 14, 2013

Hi, is it possible to configure a workflow to allow call up of a completed transition screen at any time.

For example, we have a steps to be completed screen for closing off a Story. This is a "Transition" screen which includes steps that require the assignee to complete a number of Yes/No checks and provide some additional information in the screen before story can be closed. Each of these steps are custom fields which can be viewed by creating filter report. Is it possible to amend the workflow to save or create a copy of this transition screen and can be called at any time?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Hey Pedro, if I understand correctly you want to show the same screen in many transitions?

In case that's you want to do you only need to go to every transition where you want the screen to be shown, edit the transition and select the screen from the drop down list.

1 vote
Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Take a look on the Global transitions( https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow ). If you define new global transition for Completed status, you will be able to take Issue to Completed status from any other status.

0 votes
Pedro Lyons April 16, 2013

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your response.

Yes sort of! For example, if the process goes something like this

a: Open Ticket

b: In progress

c: complete

In between b:In Progress and c: complete, there is a step to be completed called as "Done" screen. In this screen, there are a number of radio buttins that must be completed before the ticket can transition to "Complete" status. After this "Donoe" stage is complete, the ticket goes to complete/closed status. If a user opens this ticket post complet, the issue page will display with status as complete. I want to be able to bring up the completed "Done" screen also. is this possible?

0 votes
Michal Husar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

Hi Pedro, I don't know whether I understand your question, but do you want something like "moving between Statuses(Open, Completed, In Progress, ...)" from any screen(and from any Status)?

Suggest an answer