Display Time Spent on the Issue View of an Agile Board

buddy1974 September 5, 2013

Hi Community,

I would like to know how I can configure JIRA to display the time spent field on the issue view that i can display on an agile board by hitting 't' (time logged via 'Log Work' Action). This View is shorter and more compact than the traditional JIRA View, but I did not find the form field configuration for it.

Any help is highly appreciated. It would be great if someone could help.

Buddy

4 answers

1 vote
buddy1974 September 15, 2013

Maybe it makes sense to rephrase my question. When I am on any given Scrum Board in either Plan or Work Mode I can hit the letter "t" pn my keyboard and see the issue details, of the issue I have currently selected.

How can I configure the screen that is displaying these details? Usually I would think that should be done through JIRA's Screen configuration ... found under Administration -> Issues -> Screens ... But I cannot seem to find it there.

1 vote
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2013

Hi Juergen

Can you please make sure that the configuration of the scrum board is set like the following configuration:

Estimation Statistic: Original Time Estimate

Time Tracking: Remaining Estimate and Time Spent

After that, you should able to see there is this log work button on the right side of the quick issue viewing of the plan view of the agile scrum board.
0 votes
Andrew Cohen December 10, 2013

Bump. I know, I could do the math in my head and subtract Estimate from Remaining to get Time Spent, but it is not clear if Estimate is Original or calculated, so it would be good to be able to select Time Spent as a displayed attribute. Also it would be good to see the logged work history.

Is this configurable and/or planned for a future release?

0 votes
buddy1974 September 5, 2013

Hi Daryl,

I do see the Log Work Link, but I do not see the logged work items. I only see estimated and remaining. not the comments entered like with the issue detail screen.

Juergen

Suggest an answer