Display Linked Issues panel with no linked issues present

Arturas Rimkus March 17, 2016

I know that once I add a linked issue, the panel appears on the Issue Screen displaying that linked issue. However, is it possible to have the Linked Issues section be always visible, even if there are no linked issues? The same way, say, Description and Attachments sections are visible in the attached example.

I can do this on the Create Issue Screen, but I want it on the Issue Screen as well.

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 13.43.33.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2016

No.

To enable it when you've got no subtasks, you need to hack the core code in JIRA to suppress the code that says "if sub task count < 1, don't display panel".  I think it's in a template somewhere, rather than JIRA java code, but I'm not sure.

On Cloud, you have no access to the installation to make changes like that.

(When you say you've done it to the Create screen, I assume you mean you've added the "link" field, which is not the same as adding the panel)

Arturas Rimkus April 10, 2016

I had a feeling it couldn't be done, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

0 votes
Ronnie Sollien October 13, 2020

We have used both Jira and TFS and that did work great in TFS, I cant see why JIRA is so stubborn to not fix this.

Ronnie Sollien October 13, 2020

Jira think it like this metaphor...

Suppose this: The volume-control on your car-stereo change place when you are standing still and driving.

If you have learned this property, you can control the volume both when standing still and driving. But until you have learned you will probably be a traffic hazard when trying to see the volume button but it isnt where you looked at it last time.

I often hear cursing over this chose to not be "able" to link the first task to the bug (yes I know the menu always has this feature). As in the metaphor above, but the "+" for linked-issues there always or take it away completely.

0 votes
Marc Taylor March 3, 2020

I was hoping for the same thing. I like using the little '+' button to quickly add child issues..... 

Shame. 

Suggest an answer