Display 'Issues Not Completed' for a sprint

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Within the issue query window, is it possible to display issues that were in a sprint but not completed?

You can see a distinction between what was and wasn't completed within a sprint report (in Greenhopper), but I was wondering whether there is a way to get hold of this distinction in JQL?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

The reason I required the JQL to do this, was to feed the results back to my project pages with Confluence via the JIRA Issues Macro.

Instead, I am just linking to the relevant Sprint Report in Greenhopper now (from Confluence), as this gives me the information I need.

0 votes
JulioV May 29, 2013

We have the same issue as mentioned above by Steve, down to the need to report in Confluence. What is needed is jql function similar to 'earliestunreleasedversion()' for sprints.

Something like 'earliestopensprints()' would work (following suit from the currently available opensprints() function). Will check jira.atlassian.com and see if there is a feature request for this and vote it up :)

0 votes
JulioV May 29, 2013

Sure enough there was one: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5773.

And good news is it seems to be coming in 6 months. Nice!

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2013

Hi there,

If you are able to get hold of the sprint number that the issues are in, you can actually run the JQL something like the one shown below to get the results you required.

project = TEST AND sprint = 2 AND status != Closed

The sprint number can be viewed from the issue viewing screen under the Agile Tab, highlight the link of the Sprint name and you will noticed something like the address below:

http://localhost:8528/secure/GHGoToBoard.jspa?sprintId=2

So for this case, the ID will be 2.

Hope this helps :)

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

The JQL you suggest would work at the moment, however if I was to look back at the project (in a number of months) the JQL would be inaccurate as the issues may well be closed now, but not have been closed during that sprint.

Suggest an answer