Display/Export all task assignee from Query

Peter Wilson June 16, 2014

I would like to be able to export all the assignees for a list of tasks base on a query.

Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

You could use the Script Runner plugin and execute this code in the console to get the names of all assignees of the specified JQL search (jqlQuery).

import com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.search.SearchService
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers
import com.atlassian.jira.web.bean.PagerFilter

def jqlQuery = "project = JSU"

List<ApplicationUser> assignees = []
def userUtil = ComponentAccessor.userUtil

def issues = getFilterResult(jqlQuery)
issues.each { issue ->
    def changeItems = ComponentAccessor.changeHistoryManager.getAllChangeItems(issue)
    if (changeItems?.size() > 0) {
        changeItems.findAll { it.field == 'assignee' }.each { it ->
            assignees << userUtil.getUserByKey(it.fromValue)
            assignees << userUtil.getUserByKey(it.toValue)
        }
    } else {
        assignees << userUtil.getUserByKey(issue.assigneeId)
    }
}
assignees.unique().sort().displayName.join("\r\n")

List<Issue> getFilterResult(String jqlSearch) {
    SearchService searchService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchService.class);

ApplicationUser user = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.getUser()

SearchService.ParseResult parseResult = searchService.parseQuery(ApplicationUsers.toDirectoryUser(user), jqlSearch)
    def searchResult
    if (parseResult.isValid()) {
        searchResult = searchService.search(ApplicationUsers.toDirectoryUser(user), parseResult.getQuery(), PagerFilter.getUnlimitedFilter())
    } else {
        log.error("Invalid JQL: " + jqlSearch);
    }
    return searchResult?.issues
}

Thanks for that I will see if I can get our admin to install script runner.

Many thanks

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Simply search for the issues and export the resulting list to excel. The assignee should be included in the list.

It only displays the current assignee.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2014

Ah, ok, you need all assignees from the history of the issues. I don't think that this is possible out of the box.

Yep thatis about right. Is there a plug in or something that could give it to me? I cannot be the first person to wwant this.

Suggest an answer