Disassociate a sprint with a board and version

Rob Simmonds September 21, 2017

Hi all,

Unfortunately, one of our engineers put an issue against a sprint that was on a separate software board and although this was rectified on the issue, the sprint and version has now been linked forever, causing chaos with our reports.

After the issue was disassociated with the incorrect sprint, that sprint continued to come up on the incorrect board (albeit without any issues on it) as an active sprint. We raised this with support but I still couldn't remove the sprint from the board.

Now that the sprint has been closed, it has disappeared from the board but it still comes up in our Version report even though it shouldn't be tied to that version or that board.

Does anyone know of a way that we can disassociate it from a version? 

Cheers,

Rob

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

In the bulk edit interface, it's possible to wipe out all sprint data from an issue. That's what I would do.

I did this many times before the clone option in JIRA had the option to not clone the sprint.

Rob Simmonds September 25, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion Josh. Unfortunately doing that didn't have any effect and there are other strange things going on, so I've had to raise it with Jira Support again. I think our database is corrupted somehow so giving that a try!

Suggest an answer