Disabling the deleted Google Apps user in Jira OnDemand

Seva ATS June 20, 2013

We use Jira OnDemand with limited number of users. We use Google Apps for authentication and user management.

One of our developers left us and we are trying to replace him with another one in Jira.

Since we deleted the Google Apps account of the old guy, his user converted in Jira to an External User.

We want to disable the old guy in order to free license spot for the new one.

According to this article, it should be possible to deactivate users. However there is no any "Active" checkbox in the User Edit Operation popup.

What is the proper way to free the license of the old user and replace him with the new one in our case?

1 answer

0 votes
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2013

Hi Seva, I'll reproduce here what I've commented on the support ticket you opened with us, as I believe this can help other users as well.

To make an user not count towards your licence you need to remove Application Access from that user, that way he will no longer be able to log in and one user license would be freed up.

The application access menu can be found on https://example.atlassian.net/secure/admin/user/ApplicationAccessConfig!default.jspa

I also recommend to remove that user from all groups (so the user can no longer can be assigned to issues) and also change that user's email to a dummy account so he does no longer gets notified. That way you would virtually deactivate that user while keeping all the user's history.

Hope this information helps!

Regards,
Marlon Aguiar

Suggest an answer