Disabling anonymous read access in fisheye breaks Changesets & Activity integration in Jira

Jasper Alexander van der Vegt June 20, 2014

Strangely everything else continues to work fine - it seems I can still see commits in the projects source tab, the links all show up... I've enabled 2 legged authentication, basic access and Trusted Applications for the application link on both sides.

But the moment Anonymous Read Access to the repository (or global anonymous access) gets disabled, the activity stream goes empty and the changesets gadget tells me
"There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.

• Problem communicating with FishEye"

I am using my admin user, which is set up and synced from JIRA's internal system to Fisheye (though, avatars do not sync. I am assuming that is intended. Especially since clicking the re-sync button caused no errors or visible warnings).

I definitely don't want to give everyone access to the code, but I rather like these integration features and every other part of the application link seems functional... Any ideas or advise?

I am running them on domain:8080 and domain:8060 if that is of any importance. They run on the same machine.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jasper Alexander van der Vegt June 20, 2014

This is a bug in JIRA/Fisheye apparently, simply doing it all the exact same way again, but using a new application link (instead of the one created when it was first installed) fixes it. A bit sloppy I have to say that things like that happen..

Suggest an answer