Disabling a user on jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Hi All

I found that a user had two accounts so i decided to disable his duplicate account on jira (by removing him from all group subscriptions including jira-users group).

However, in spite of doing this, i find that on the project role screen (where you can add people to project roles) i see that disabled user is still being suggested as an option and jira allows me to select that disabled user to add to that project role.

How can i prevent this?

I am assuming deleting users causes lot more problems hence hence disabling is always preferred to deleting users.

Rahul

2 answers

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2014

Please ensure user don't have "Browse Users" Global permission. If user don't have it, you should remove user from all roles.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2014

Which version of JIRA are you using ? In the latest 6.2 there is a feature to disable a user -https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-Deactivatingauser

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2014

I am on jira5, disabling a user is still not available on jira 5. It was introduced in jira 5.1.

Suggest an answer