Disabled swimlanes subtasks link to story

Iain Connor May 2, 2016

I've disabled swimlanes for my board so that I can manually reorder both subtasks of a story and bugs/tasks (without having the latter grouped under "Other Issues" always down at the bottom).

This seems to have removed the previously very helpful clickable links to view the story the task is related to. How can I get this feature back? Or how can I otherwise add some clickable link from the subtask to its parent story?

Some background on my usage pattern – I create a single story with details and then subtasks which I assign to developers on our different platforms. Developers read the details from the parent story, but take their individual tasks through the agile steps.

Before;

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 1.51.50 PM.png

After;

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 1.50.07 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user May 2, 2016

You could add a link from the subtask to the parent story/issue that would appear in the detail view on the board, but that's more work than I'd want to do.

If you open the subtask to the full screen issue view, a link to the parent is on the top of the screen. I know it takes an extra 'click', but....

Iain Connor May 2, 2016

Helpful advice, thanks. But, yeah, I'm obviously hoping to make this transition without sacrificing any of the current convenience of just having that link clickable.

Suggest an answer