Disabled Comments for specific project role

Tomáš Štalmach September 28, 2014

Hi,

I would like to disable comments for specific project role in group of issues in specific WF status.

I found I have to define something like that : "jira.permission.comment.projectrole=10200" and value: "false" in Properties of specific Workflow status.

After I did this, all affected issues in this status, for example Closed, are unavailable. There is only error message "There was an unexpected error while loading the issue."

Have someone any idea, what I´m doing bad?

Thanks

Tom

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2014

You can not do this. You can only restrict the functionality to a selected role. i.e. you can't remove the permission from rule 'X' but you can give the permission only to role 'X'.

For example, if you give the property as jira.permission.comment.projectrole and value as 10200, only users in role 10200 can comment on the tickets.

Krispijn Joseph March 26, 2019

@Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]  Hi am new to Jira and im struggling to turn turn of comments for the user role clients that i made. Because i don't want the client to read the comments of the developer on a issue. I cant find the setting in Jira so I'm guessing it needs to be done the way you showed above.

How want to disable comments for the Role 'Client'?

Can you help me please?

where do I need to fill in jira.permission.comment.projectrole.1=10200 in Jira cloud?

how do i get the id of the role 'client' 

Can you tell what everything stands for, what is?

• jira.permission.comment.projectrole.

Thank you very much!

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

@Krispijn Joseph See this link.

Here a partial copy of that page.

The property is of the form - jira.permission.[subtasks.]{permission}.{type}[.suffix] where:

• subtasks is optional - If included the permission is applied on the issue's subtasks. If not the permission is applied on the actual issue.
  • permission - is a short name specified in Permissions class. Following are the permitted values as on JIRA 4.2

admin, use, sysadmin, project, browse, create, edit, scheduleissue, assign, assignable, attach, resolve, close, comment, delete, work, worklogdeleteall, worklogdeleteown, worklogeditall, worklogeditown, link, sharefilters, groupsubscriptions, move, setsecurity, pickusers, viewversioncontrol, modifyreporter, viewvotersandwatchers, managewatcherlist, bulkchange, commenteditall, commenteditown, commentdeleteall, commentdeleteown, attachdeleteall, attachdeleteown, viewworkflowreadonly
  • type - type of permission granted/denied. The values can be group, user, assignee, reporter, lead, userCF, projectrole
  • suffix - An optional suffix to make the property unique when you have the same type added more than once! jira.permission.edit.group.1, jira.permission.edit.group.2 etc
0 votes
Tomáš Štalmach September 28, 2014

Thank you! It helps me a lot! 

Suggest an answer