Disable users from uploading or attaching documents to Closed Tickets in JIRA

Gregory Damian November 29, 2017

New Admin to JIRA, I have been given the task to see if it was possible to Disable Users ability to upload or attach a file to a closed ticket in order to avoid discrepancies and ticket oversight of already resolved tickets.

Can someone walk me through this please?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

Hello,

You can forbid any edit of a resolved ticket. You can add a step property to the Resolved step

jira.issue.editable = false

Thank you for getting back to me. Working within JIRA to try and implement this.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2017

Alexey is talking about Workflow properties if that wasn't clear from his response.   You could use a property such as than on the Closed step of the workflow to prevent users from changing closed issues.

You could also add a properly such as:

jira.permission.attach.group = Group-name

You could use that property on a closed step to only allow users in a specific group to add attachments when closed.

Andrew,

Thank you very much. I am reading through the documentation that you included. Trying to learn how to navigate through JIRA to implement the information that you and Alexey provided.

I will get back to you both and let you know how it goes thanks.

Suggest an answer