Disable users from uploading or attaching documents to Closed Tickets in JIRA Edited

New Admin to JIRA, I have been given the task to see if it was possible to Disable Users ability to upload or attach a file to a closed ticket in order to avoid discrepancies and ticket oversight of already resolved tickets.

Can someone walk me through this please?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 29, 2017

Hello,

You can forbid any edit of a resolved ticket. You can add a step property to the Resolved step

jira.issue.editable = false

Thank you for getting back to me. Working within JIRA to try and implement this.

0 vote

Alexey is talking about Workflow properties if that wasn't clear from his response.   You could use a property such as than on the Closed step of the workflow to prevent users from changing closed issues.

You could also add a properly such as:

jira.permission.attach.group = Group-name

You could use that property on a closed step to only allow users in a specific group to add attachments when closed.

Andrew,

Thank you very much. I am reading through the documentation that you included. Trying to learn how to navigate through JIRA to implement the information that you and Alexey provided.

I will get back to you both and let you know how it goes thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

78 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you