Disable transition if it had moved to a particular status previously.

Sathish Murugan June 28, 2017

Hi,

I have the following flow, I want to disable/hide Info Provided for Analysis transition if it already went through Development started (from OPEN to IN PROGRESS to MORE INFO NEEDED). It should only have Info Given for Dev. Please help to achieve this.capture1.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2017

As first food for thought: The Scriptrunner plugin offers the condition type "Issue must have been in the "XYZ" status". If an issue has been in that status XYZ before the condition is true, else false. 
Iam using this in some transitions.
But its not offering the possibility to say "issue must NOT have been in status ... ".

Writing yourself a little groovy condition script should also not be a problem. (you would need scriptrunner plugin).
If you need help i could write the script for you. maybe its something i need in future too ;)

Sathish Murugan June 28, 2017

Having more paid version of plugins is impossible :-( 
Do we have any other way?
Thanks for your immediate response. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

You'll need to find or write an add-on that can provide the same functionality.

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2017

Scriptrunner plugin is worth every cent. You have so many possiblities when using it (i love each offered feature but most the custom jql function feature).
Sure, writing an addon with just that functionality isnt an incredible effort too, but writing a simple groovy script to use in transition is really fast and simple.

Suggest an answer