Disable the status column selector in Agile Board.

Ramon Salla February 10, 2016

Hi, I have a US1 in a BOARD1 (Proj1) with 3 columns (todo, inprog, done) and Another BOARD2 (Proj2) which filter also shows US in Proj1. The BOARD2 columns are 6 (A, B, C, D, E, F) with 6 statuses with the same name.

I want to move US1 in both boards. I can do that by mapping the 6 statuses from Board2 to Board1 columns:

A -> TODO

B,C,D,E -> In progr.

F -> Done.

This is working fine with Board2 but in Board 1 when moving US1 to "in prog" column a Mandatory Blue Status Selector appears on the column and obligates me to choose from B,C,D,E while I only want B.

Do you know how I can disable the Blue Status Selector?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2016

You can't - it's trying to inform you that the transition is possible, and give you the option to use the status.  The only way to get rid of it (without hacking the code) is to remove the status from the columns.   Which means you can't see the issues in those status any more.

Ramon Salla February 10, 2016

That's a pitty in terms of reusing the ticket in multiple boards.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2016

I'm not sure why this is a problem - the board columns represent a group of status, that's what they're for.  You want to be able to put things in those status, so when you've got a group, JIRA needs a way for you to select which one you want.

Suggest an answer